Cricut cake

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

If you're an avid scrapbooker or crafter, you've probably have heard of the Cricut.  It's a paper cutting machine and there are various cartridges with many designs you can choose from.  Well....just last night Cricut Cake was launched for purchase on HSN.  Although it was midnight and I rarely tune in to home shopping channels, I was curious and found myself watching the demo for Cricut Cake and I'll admit, it's pretty cool.  You just have to load a thin sheet of gumpaste into the machine, choose your design, and press cut.  What you are left with is a clean, fast, and easy applique for your cakes, cookies, and cupcakes.  I think it's an innovative product for beginning/home bakers, but you've got to be making a lot of treats to make up for the price of this machine and the cartridges :)  As for me, I think I'll be sticking to my own devices (aka my hands and an x-acto)


Here are some examples of cakes decorated with the Cricut Cake from their website. 

4 comments:

Stephanie J Designs said...

Love the idea of the Cricut Cake ... but there is nothing like the hand-crafted expertise of a talented cake artist! :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! I would have been captivated watching it, but you would have to use it a TON to get your $$ back! Long live talent! :)

Unknown said...

Hmm, I think its a cool idea..but soemething about those cakes are just..I dunno..flat. I

Unknown said...

agree with everyone, those cakes look unattractive despite of the fancy patterns. What do you expect from a cut and paste machine?