Stitched Flower Cake and Blog Features

Friday, November 13, 2009

Here are some great blog features for this week:

An InStyle Magazine blogger included us in a roundup of what's now in weddings on the web.


Weddzilla entry by Amy Jean (of Relentless Bride) highlights a few of our cakes and asks what your cake style is.

Merry Poet  How about celebrating a birthday with one of our cakes?


Here are just a few snippets of the process when I made the stitched flower cake.  I call it stitched because I took a stitching tool to draw lines in the petals/leaves so it would have the effect of felt flower appliques. Happy Friday!
Started with a sketch




Gathered some edible dusts to paint the petal cutouts with: watermelon, carnation pink, and white.







 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous. You are AWESOME!! I cant wait to see more and more!

Blessings-
Amanda

Truly Smitten said...

omg! Your cakes are GORGEOUS!!

Danielle said...

Liz,

Next year's birthday will be celebrated "EatCakeBeMerry" style! As always, keep up the fantastic work! Your cakes will continue to amaze me.

Best,
Danielle {MerryPoet

Angie said...

Your cakes are amazing! I love seeing your sketch too.